Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ginger Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

Like many people other people out there in Canada land, we feel like we have been born in the wrong climate but in the right country. I for one would not want to live anywhere else. We are blessed to live in such a great country. Saying that does not mean I am happy about the cold!!
I am semi watching what I consume these days and I am cutting back on the many savory dishes I make, for a lighter meals. The thought of having a salad for dinner did not seem appealing to me at all so soup it is. What is so wonderful about soup it is easy to make, hearty and warm!!
Into the fridge I go, to see the ingredients I have on hand. I have zero desire to step outside, so whatever I have will have to do. To my surprise I find ginger root, an onion, 3 sweet potatoes, carrots and parsley. Perfect!
In 15 minutes I have prepared and made a warm and delicious Gingered Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup.
So easy, sautee the onions for 2-3 minutes in a small spoonful of coconut oil, add the diced ginger, then the carrots and sweet potatoes add some cumin, tumeric and continue sauteing for a minute or so. Then I add a carton of organic vegetable broth that I just happen to have on hand and bring to a boil, then simmer! I cover the pot turn off the heat and 10 minutes later I use a hand immersion blender to blend it all together.
Serve in bowl and top with a dollop of plain yogurt and chopped parsley. Even the picky eater had a bowl!
It may be cold outside but I am sure warm now!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment