Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Me, Losing Weight!

I have decided to share my story about my personal journey to lose weight and get back into shape. My goal is to lose 15lbs of fat and add 5lbs of muscle by April 30th. 13 weeks until the day, which happens to be my birthday. A great day to achieve my goal.

Like many of you, I have had some good years and not so good years. In September 2008, I ran a half marathon, was mountain biking, lifting weights, road cycling in Texas, swimming, weekly yoga classes and eating healthy. I was following my bliss and as such I was in great physical shape. After running a personal best in a 10k race late Nov.2008, I suffered a serious achilles tendon injury at the gym while performing walking lunges with 65lbs on my back. Sadly, that was the beginning of several injuries and I got stuck in some bad habits. As such, I lost precious muscle and put on some fat. At first, it wasn't so bad as I went right to my Ta-Ta's and my husband was loving it. Then I became lazy with my diet and didn't think a glass of wine or two would hurt. HA!!
2 1/2 years later,  my injuries have heeled and I need to back into shape. Given where I am in my life, north of 40, it is not going to be as easy as it has been after babies were born. It may be a little more challenging as I am older, much busier and have a low functioning thyroid. This means I will need to dig deeper to achieve my goal. Which is completely doable.

As a nutritionist, I will keep my meal plans to natural foods, local, when possible, alive and as real as we can buy. I am going to write about going to the grocery store, my meals, supplements and talk about some recipes. I also will write about my workouts and how they make me feel. If you would like to comment, please feel free.

Follow me weekly with my ups and downs and what I do to achieve my goal.

I welcome your comments and would love to hear your stories!!
Naomi

1 comment:

  1. hey chicky,

    i think it's awesome you are doing this and wanted to let you know i'm going to be following you as best i can.

    youre an inspiration! xo
    -Sherrie m

    ReplyDelete