Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb.1 Day 1

Feb.1 is my day 1 towards my goal of losing 15lbs adding 5 by April 30th.

On Day 1, facing yourself not only in the mirror but also on the scale, the body fat measurements, measurements in inches around the shoulders,chest, hips, waist and thighs is not easy. However it is critical to know where you are starting and what you are starting with in order to map out a route to the end of your destination. Mine is April 30th, 2011, 15lbs of fat lighter and 5lbs of muscle. I am sharing with you my weight today, which is very hard for me to do. I have always avoided scales as they do not define how beautiful I feel however they can be a  great tool for you to focus  on your goal weight.
This morning I weighed 155lbs.
April 30th I will weigh 145lbs, 15lbs of fat gone and replace 5lbs of shapely sexy muscle.
On Day 1, I started my day at 6.30 am with hot lemon water, which encourages and supports in gentle daily detoxification.  I started my new regime with riding my spin bike before I had breakfast or any food for 75mins. Getting up earlier was hard, the bed was warm, my mind  was playing tricks on me. Saying things, like I am not that bad, my husband doesn't care if I am a little heavier, no surprise there, I'm too tired to get up, I have a long day ahead of me, blah, blah, blah.........distractions!!! I got up focused and headed downstairs after my lemon water and jumped on my spin bike! 75 minutes later I was drenched and feeling accomplished.
For breakfast, I consumed one slice on toast with almond butter and 2 soft boiled eggs and one full glass of water. Off to work I go, feeling like Super Woman on Day 1. I ate a couple of natural almonds for a snack, drank hot water, which I consider  tea, curried squash soup for lunch and 1/2 can of wild salmon.
As I was enjoying my lunch & it occurred to me, I need to buy supplements, protein powder, greens, and more efa's. I have also let my supplement intake slide too. Being serious about my goal, it is not only what I eat, but the supplements I take. It also occurred to me I will have to keep a journal to be successful. Every morsel of food I eat, everything I drink, will need to be recorded. This is going to take discipline. I understand why so many people don't make it, changing your lifestyle is not easy, though worth it. Those darn mind games are really annoying. One small step at a time!!!

Day One Down.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go ... You may want to try a cup of flaxseed tea before you go to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to gooo! there was a really interesting doctor at the ashram who talked about the power of changing your mind. Dr Joe Despensa!

    You are an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out the good Dr. Joe, thank-your for sharing!

    ReplyDelete