Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Detox



By Naomi's Nutrition and Fitness
Detox!

Every where you turn everyone is dishing out advice on nutrition, exercise and healthy living. It seems like everyone is selling something and it can be daunting. Don't waste your money, follow the body's natural ability to detox.

Detoxification is a simple daily function of our human body.
This process gets clogged by our lifestyle.
This is a great time of year to release the pressure the body is feeling.

A very simple game plan I have created is 3 easy steps over 21 days. Each step I focus on for 7 days building to the next step. I started yesterday. I welcome you to follow it as well.

1. Eliminate
2. Restore
3. Renew.

Yes that simple.

I wrote a list of everything that I do that I would consider toxic. I started with my thoughts, my fears, my relationships, diet, lack of consistent exercise, sleep and a few other items that I allow to cause me stress. This week my goal is to eliminate the negative and bring in the positive.

Nutritionally I am eliminating the foods and drinks that create congestion in my body.
All refined foods, this occurs at fast food places due to hockey.
Any sugary treats, I don't have any more homemade cinnamon buns left, wine, and all dairy.
My biggest weakness is salty treats. Gone too. Bye bye water retention!

Every morning I am starting my day with my mantra during a few minutes of meditation.
I am focusing on filtered water, vegetables, and quality protein.
I am dry bushing before I shower, drinking lemon water when I wake up and have worked out each am.
Yesterday, my legs were on fire from squatting on Wednesday.
Nothing like good ol fashion squats to get your rear in shape.

I encourage everyone to pick up the following items to get started,
lemons, ginger, parsley, garlic, cayenne pepper and high quality protein.

"Elimination equals illumination, reduce excesses, but not excessively" ArgIsle-izms. and you will have vitality in just
21 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment