Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day Pancakes!

I am so happy we can stay home today for awhile at least and enjoy some family downtime.

The McBride's are normally on the road, heading from one event to another, whether it is work, practices, games, paper-routes, fundraising,etc, it seems like time at home together is really missing especially meal times.

Breakfast meals are my favorite meals of the day, and in my opinion it is ditto for my kids.

Family Day started off at the McBride's with a nice hot pancake breakfast made with love, care, tenderness and some spelt flour, eggs, kefir and homemade blueberry sauce. Pancakes are always a favorite for my boys, even the picky eater. It is nice to sit and enjoy this time together and not feel rushed to head to work, school or hockey. I could really use the rest from the hustle and bustle, and I bet my boys could too, but they are heading to Iroquois Park to play a game of shinny! Well at least they won't be hungry!

Happy Family Day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment