Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reflection

I have been doing some thinking regarding my recent past lifestyle & dietary habits. I find it interesting that when I am consistently working out I am very strict with my diet. I tend to throw that all way when I don't work out. I have been wondering why that is, as one would think it would be the exact opposite. I have always been fortunate, in that I put muscle on very quickly which burns the fat  however when I am not working out the fat just grows and in places that I don't need it too!!
It has all become very clear to me now, when I stopped working out, I was missing the awesome endorphins exercise gave me. Of course, it was easy to stick to my lifestyle back then, because I was feeling happy most of the time and investing in my health was easy. Clean eating was second nature, it gave me energy, empowered me, I woke up easily in the morning, and I couldn't wait for my next workout! The combination of the exercise and clean eating is like having 2 legs, they go hand in hand. Duh!

After my first injury, I simply took my great health for granted and didn't appreciate what I had and slid down a slippery slope. Luckily I caught myself. I have re-focused my intentions and have a goal. I feel much better now knowing I am following a plan. Right now it is one foot in front of the other and I know these steps will take me to where I need to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment